Our Food Systems
Recent events have changed the way we think about food. Like so many things that are essential for life, we often take it for granted, focusing on convenience. Should we be reconsidering the value we place upon food, its provenance, how we source it and the benefits it provides?
- The food system – sustaining people and planet. Catherine Broomfield
- System resilience and circular economy in the south-west agri-food sector. Prof Mickey Howard, University of Exeter
Examples of best practice
- Smarter procurement and shorter, regional, supply chains. Greg Parsons, SW Food Hub
- Connecting with farmers for food. Catherine St Germans, Farms to Feed Us
- Community Supported Agriculture. Charlotte Barry, of Camel CSA