The North Devon Marine Natural Capital Plan, which has been developed over the past three years in partnership with a range of organisations through the North Devon Marine Pioneer, is now out for consultation.
If you are a North Devon and Torridge resident, business or visitor – The North Devon Biosphere team needs your input to our Marine Natural Capital Plan.
The North Devon Biosphere team, with the help of academics, local stakeholder groups and regulatory bodies (including the fishing industry, conservation organisations, businesses, local groups and people, marine managers and scientists), have identified a number of aims and objectives that make up the Plan. The plan is designed to put nature first, with thoughtful and sustainable local actions to improve and restore the marine environment for the benefit of people, society and the local economy, now and in the future. However, to have a workable plan, feedback and new suggestions from local people and visitors to the North Devon Biosphere are vitally important.
If you value the natural beauty of our seas and coasts, care about protecting nature, are a user of our water environment or someone whose livelihood depends on it – this is your opportunity to be heard. Get involved and have your say on how we use and protect our marine environment.
How can you comment?
You can also ask for a word version of this survey by contacting email@example.com
Although the above method is preferred, you can submit also comments:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing to – Marine Natural Capital plan, North Devon Biosphere, Taw View, Barnstaple, EX31 1EE
- over the telephone by calling on 01271 388590 or 01271 388669.
- by inviting us to attend your community group meetings (staff resource permitting) in March 2020 by emailing us.
- by visiting a drop-in event – see table below for details.